Tuesday, 22 August 2017

Tuesday 22nd August

Up with the larks!

Even after a marathon day yesterday I woke early today. The free camp at Calliope River was crowded on both sides of the river so I didn't wont to wake close neighbors with my noisy water pump for a shower so I put on my traveling gear and headed off before 8am.  

Some 200km down the road I stopped at a pull in, had my shower and put on clean clothes. Then I had a refreshing cup of coffee before completing the trip by lunchtime.  I think I spent more time sitting at roadworks than actually driving.

Ray and Jeanette were pleased to see me as always  and we spent most of the day reminiscing about old times and catching up with family news.

I was quite cold in bed last night so Jeanette's lent me a double bed blanket for tonight and tomorrow I'll look for one to buy. It too warm for the doona but my small blanket isn't long enough to tuck in at the bottom and I wake up with frozen toes!

Yemmy's new home for the next three nights

Thursday, August 31st

Last day of winter and I'm home! Yes - yesterday was the last day of my 2017 trip although I'm heading back to northern NSW in Oct...