Sunday, 27 August 2017

Sunday 28th August

Marathon finished!

Yes it was a bit of a marathon - about 1800km in three days but the weather was mainly good and Yemmy was a good boy and ate up the km with no complaints.


I was off a little tater than I'd hoped because when I was getting diesel a lovely big rig came in and I stopped to talk to the owner. I was a big Mercedes twin cab truck with a big slide on attached it. The owner had built the slide on himself and I was impressed. With the slide on removed it became a large tray truck and could be used for work or sight-seeing.

The usual road works were present and when I was nearly at West Wyalong, Tom Tom took me on a series of lesser traveled roads until we reached the Hume Hwy north of Albury.

I got to Mansfield about 4.40 and it was great catching up with Jackie and Dennis.

 Yes - a few pics today!











The lovely big Mercedes rig













The slide on built by the owner
Canola brightened the day


 
It was -2 degrees and lots of frost this morning

Thursday, August 31st

Last day of winter and I'm home! Yes - yesterday was the last day of my 2017 trip although I'm heading back to northern NSW in Oct...