Saturday, 26 August 2017

Saturday 26th August

A big one today!

After a  nice night in the clearing in the woods I awoke to a very cold morning  - I think it was 7c. I nearly didn't shower but I was brave and enjoyed it.

I managed to clock up  628 km before checking in at the Peak Hill Caravan Park at about 4.30 this afternoon. Leyton was racing about putting people on sites and my little site was the last one left - it only fits smallish motorhomes and campervans but it's just fine for Yemmy.

While talking to Leyton a chap came up and introduced himself as a fan of my column. He went off to look up GoRV!

I'm spoiling myself tonight with power and TV! I think I deserve it after such a lot pf kms.

There's a similar distance to go to get to Jackie's place at Mansfield tomorrow so I'll need to be away in good time

Max forwarded a couple of nice comments he's received about me joining GoRV. I'm hoping a lot of Caravan World readers follow me there as well

My lovely little site tonight

Thursday, August 31st

Last day of winter and I'm home! Yes - yesterday was the last day of my 2017 trip although I'm heading back to northern NSW in Oct...